From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2013 07:47:33 -0500
In my situation the vertical is great for DX, reason being, I have no trees,
there is a wire between 3 poles, only about 18 feet high at the center nice
for NVIS work, NTS nets and what not but when it comes to DX the vertical
beats it. The vertical is nice because where I'm in a trailer, I can run
radials under the house, tie it in to the skirting and I don't find it much
noisier if at all on some bands than the wire. For DX, it does play very
well. About the only thing I can't do is get in with the locals on 160, and
10 meters but I may fix the 10 meter thing down the road.