From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 13 Dec 2015 09:42:00 -0600
Right on the receive capabilities of the antenna.
Valocity factor is kind of magical.
As I imagine it, electrons in free space travel at the light.
Resistance slows them down, which allows for the phasing of antennas.
So say inside a piece of coax, the factor is 66 per cent.  That looks like
2/3 of the speed of light.
Ron could say much more, but you will not hear any improvement in your
receiver.