From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 2013 21:40:59 -0700
Yep, Alpha had a couple prototypes when I was there.  I was tinking
about the ppalstar, but may wait a while.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148
Wallace, ks.

On Wed, 16 Oct 2013, Alan R.
Downing wrote:

> The best automatic tuner will be the Alpha 4040 when it comes on the market.
> It is pricy, but it is another example of "you get what you pay for."  The
> Palstar HF-auto is good, but it isn't in the same league as the Alpha when
> it is available.
>
> 73
>

> Alan R. Downing
> Phoenix, AZ

>>> 2. turn on attenuator or reduce RF gain to 50%
>>> 3. turn on the noise device
>>> 4. adjust inductor for closest band (setting a or b for 10 meters, =
> etc.)
>>> 5. adjust input capacitor for lowest noise
>>> 6. adjust antenna capacitor for lowest noise.