From:
Lou Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:00:06 -0500
Hi Gary.

It depends upon what you call "better."  Generally, the software that is
written for a specific radio works more tightly with that radio.  By that I
mean that the software will control more aspects of the radio's
functionality than a one size fits all package that will control the
aspects of the radio that are common to most radios.

Besides that, my experience with other Kenwood software suggests that it is
probably easier to use with a screen reader than Ham Radio Deluxe is.  You
can use HRD if you are comfortable with working with the JAWS cursor or the
Window-Eyes Mouse Cursor, but I like it easy.  I will generally take the
path of least resistance.  I'd like to spend my time making QSOs, not
fiddling with software.

73, de Lou K2LKK