From:
Bill O'Kain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 08:25:47 -0400
Hi Phil:  Since you are getting all kinds of advice, perhaps I should add
mine.  I had a friend here in Oak Ridge who had a 50 ft. Rohn 25G with a
mosely tribander on  it, unguyed and no problems, but I do not know the size
of the concrete base.  I would suggest that it should be 3 to 4 cubic yards,
unless you can bracket it to your house.  I would lean toward 40 ft. instead
of 50 ft. if unsupported as you probably have stronger winds there than we
do.

I have a 50 ft. Rohn 25G bracketed to my house at the 16ft. level, no guys,
and a Mosley TA53M on it.  This is a 4 element yagi with 30 mtr extentions
on the driven element for 30 mtrs.  I would feel a lot better about your
setup if you could bracket it to your house.

Our 73/88 to you and your family.  Hope to run into you on the bands soon.

Bill k4lta