From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:11:10 -0700
Well, 12 amps should handle it, but you arde missing something.  50
watts is output power, depending on class a b or c or variants there of,
final efficency runs from 50 percent to 70 percent.  So in other words,
say 50 watts at a 50 percent efficiency is 100 watts of power required,
that is worse case for the final and a couple amps for the rest of the
radio.  Only problem would be on very long transmitions warming up the
supply.
My old hr 212, first 2 meter rig I had that was solid state was rated 25
watts and pulled 4 amps on transmit.
73
Butch
WA0VJR