From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:44:19 -0500
That's true, I've seen things work over the years that will leave you
scratching your head. In fact, I've done some of those things, I even know a
guy who runs 1500 watts with no RF ground on his station at all, in an
apartment building with a couple wire antennas in the trees out back, he's
been doing it for 20 years now, with the amp plugged in to an outlet in a
spare bedroom which I guess the outlet was put in for an air conditioner but
he doesn't use one in that room and he's never had any problem in all that
time, no complaints or anything. He's not on at primetime TV watching time,
but still, that TS-940 and I forget what amp it is, an Alpha I know that but
which model I'm not sure, and he's on almost every single night all that
time and sometimes during the day.
I have one of the artificial grounds on my radio, but actually, since that
will only handle 300 watts, I leave it on the radio so I don't have one when
I run the amp and even the problem I used to have with the old amp, I fixed
up a couple of the good jumpers I used in that setup, I had a problem with
one, and 1 other problem, and since I put the SB-200 in line about a month
ago, I have no problem at all so far. I won't, how ever, be running it in
the summer, that with the AC and the rest of the radio and computer stuff on
the same circuit breaker, will either blow the breaker or burn the place
down. I have an extension cord, very heavy, I may try running the amp off
the bathroom outlet if I really feel I need it for something. I don't plan
to use it though.