From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2012 15:08:15 -0400
Hi, Linda:

I am happy to learn that you have a work-around solution to the problem
caused by your cochlear implants.  Using my HT with my implant has not been
an issue but single sideband is difficult to impossible to understand so I
am no longer on Hf.

Could you please tell me, perhaps off group, more about the body worn
processor.  I have had my cochlea implant on right side for almost a year
and a back of the ear on left side.  The cochlear was required because of
cancer which made  removal of the right ear necessary.  The remaining ear
has about a 70% DB hearing loss.

Last week, the back of the ear aid began to produce only white noise.  I
took it to our local shopping center hearing aid person.  He reported that
the microphone has gone bad and that the device is not worth repairing.  Of
course, he offered to sell me a new one but I don't want to do that because
I am still in treatment at Johns Hopkins and have a previously scheduled
appointment with their audiologist and the ear surgeon next month.  The Dr.
has already told me we need to evaluate options for the ear that still works
to a degree.

Thanks!
Bob Martin
KC3FI