From:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lloyd Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Dec 2012 20:48:50 -0800
I don't know whether the windows in your apartment face toward a repeater
you want to use.  Even if they don't, I think you would be better off with
coax running from your rig to some kind of antenna, whether it is a vertical
dipole or a ground plane.  This restricts your mobility while operating, but
would be better than running higher power  directly into a whip antenna
mounted to the rig.  You really don't want to be too close to the field from
an antenna being driven with 20 watts or more.  This would be true even if
your implant's electronics are not affected.  Experimentation will be needed
to determine the best location for the antenna.  I hope you can come up with
something that works satisfactorily.
73 -- Lloyd Rasmussen, W3IUU/6