From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 2015 19:36:20 -0230
Hi all:

For those using the Remote Hams service, how accessible is the service? Whats the best platform to use it on?
I do have an account but when I tried to play around with it a few months ago, I couldn't do much with it. I tried on a Mac running Safari and a windows XP SP3 netbook but still no dice. I really hope this can get going because, you can even buy a remote device that gives you a VFO knob that works with the service.
It costs 200USD I believe but far cheaper than setting up a full remote station of your own. As I live in an apartment and have a by weekly cottage operation going, I wouldn't mind remoting and getting a crack at using a station with some nice beams for 20 or 40M. The other service, remote ham radio I believe is very costly and when you weigh the pros and cons, I could probably get a remote K-3 going. Not very practical. LOL I might contact Hudsun valey towers and see if they'd be interested in renting a portion of my property which overlooks the northwest atlantic. LOL

73:
Mike DE VO1AX