From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2014 19:49:36 -0500
Based on my limited experience when talking with other dealers about
possible trade ins, I would say that Main Trading Company made Eric a
good deal on his 480.

Most companies will only give you half of the price they expect to be
able to get when they resell the equipment. I have had a few dealers
quote me as low as 35%.

Regardless of the dealer, it will also depend on the number of units of
a particular piece of equipment they already have, how rapidly they
expect to sell those pieces, etc.

You also have to pay the shipping fir your end of the transaction.

I didn't trade for my TS590S, but I would buy from Main Trading Company
again with no hesitation. I ordered the 590 online on a Friday night,
and it arrived the following Wednesday, after leaving their store on Monday.

In addition, they travel from Paris, Texas to our hamfest in Jackson,
Mississippi, and have given us a good deal on our door prizes.

When I have talked with them at hamfests about new or used equipment,
they have always been very knowledgeable about whatever they had on
their tables.