From:
Aimee Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2012 06:25:39 -0400
Hi Karl,

Welcome to the list.  I haven't been around here too long myself.  I am also
testing very soon for my tech.  I test on May 3.  Have you joined the
Courage Center yet?  That is a great resource for blind hams.  I just
joined, and I now have access to lectures and the complete 396 tech exam
pool which includes the right answers to the questions.  Maybe we can get
together on the phone or on line  some time and study together.  Just let me
know if you need any help with anything, and in turn I'll let you know too.
I'm sure we both have our strengths and weaknesses in certain areas.  I
already know where mine are.  Anyway, I plan to use echolink as well until I
get a dual band radio.  I recently bought a 2 meter antenna at a swap meat,
now I just need the rig to hook it up to.  A lot of people, including my
boyfriend are steering me toward something called the Beofeng, which is
currently going for $65.  Anyway, everyone as I'm sure you've already
noticed is very friendly, and helpful.  My boyfriend will also be glad to
help.  He is an advanced class which actually doesn't exist anymore.  His
call is KD8PC, and his name is John Jacques.  Well, anyway I've gone on long
enough.  Take care, and I hope to talk soon on the air.

73
Aimee Lewis
"Be well, do good work and keep in touch." (Garrison Keillor)