Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2013 16:50:38 -0500
Ron,

I saw your message on BT.  Just some random thoughts...

1.  Go to run, services.msc and find the MSSE service.  Stop the service,
then start it again and make sure it is set on automatic.

Second, have you tried a system restore to sometime like a month ago prior
to when you were experiencing sluggishness?

Third, are there any remnants of old security software that might have been
packaged with the computer i.e. Norton Symantek, McAfee Anti-Virus, etc?

Have you tried doing a Windows in-place repair by running sfc /scannow with
your Xp Pro disk in the computer?

Finally, if all that and other suggestions don't help, you might have to do
a new installation of Windows.