From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2008 03:39:51 -0600
the Adobe Reader is free from the adobe website.
All you have to do is open the pdf document in adobe, go to the file menu
and select save as text....it will automatically create a txt file of the
contents.  This doesn't work if the original PDF is a scanned image or in
image format like many of them are.
You need an OCR program to convert those.
is this what you are running into, a scanned image?
Jaws will typically read most professionally written PDF documents to some
extent.
73
Colin, V A6BKX