From:
Michael Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2015 12:44:16 -0230
Hi all:

I use N3FJp's software and I was wondering if connected to a supported rig for control, is the band, mode, freq and S-9 automatically fillede in or do you have to enter a call sign 1ST then press the tab key to get the software to pole the rig for the rest of the info?
I'm thinking of if a blind user wanted a 160/70CM all mode mobile/compact rig, there are very few options to shoose from. You have the Elecraft products which are very expensive to get up here in Canada. You have the Icom IC-7100 with touch screen along with the Yaesu FT-991. Not sure if the TS-2000 is available with the remot head option anymore and then there's the TS-480 and then you'd have to buy a transverter and give up the 10M band. At the end of the day, the IC-7100 is the cheaper option of the lot.
Doesn't look good and the good rigs from ago, IC-706 etc wouldn't be a good rig if fairly old. Somputer tech don't age well, not like older transister/tubed equipment.

73:
Mike DE VO1AX