From:
Doug Payne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jan 2016 21:47:27 -0800
Does N3FJP announce the frequency when it announces the spot? My computer
usually isn't near the radio, so I can't click on an entry to change to the
frequency.

I use an old but still available piece of software called DXTelnet32. It
supports CC cluster (such as found on dxspots.com and dxc.ve7cc.com), as
well as the DXSummit website.fi. I particularly like this software because
it is self-voicing and announces the call phonetically along with the
frequency for each spot. It includes frequency  and spot filtering by DX
country or spot origination, although the filters on the telnet sites are
more powerful. It doesn't tie in with other logging software, but you can
set up alarms for DX entities you need.

I guess I'm a lazy DXer, but I like having the spots announced to me while I
do other things, away from the computer.

--Doug,
AC7T