From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2014 11:36:56 -0800
Well, I haven't been paying a lot of attention, so not sure what you're
looking at as far as bias, if the bias current isn't staing the same, you
would need to take a look at the actual voltabe on the grid of the tube
itself.  If that voltage is changing, that would be why current is
changing.  If that voltage stays the same, then tube is changing
conduction.

101 was a totally different radio, I have a 101 still, thought I just had
to have one a couple years ago as I use to have one, so bought one on
ebay.  Like I needed another rradio...  I fired it up to make sure it
worked and never put it on the air.  You really need to find some one who
really is a damn good tech to solve this, as I said, measure grid voltage
right on the tube, could be as simple as a bad bias pot.
73
Butch
WA0VJR
Node 3148