From:
Tom Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Dec 2015 19:56:56 -0500
Hello, everyone.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions for dealing with my annoying dymo
labeling tape issue.

Let me respond to a few of the suggestions specifically.

First, I recall ordering my latest batch of tape from either Maxiaids or
Independent Living Aids, and thought it was the Scotch 3M brand, but we
can't find any such labeling on the little plastic cartridges for each roll.
So, maybe I unknowingly got some off-brand stuff.

It does seem like Steve's thought on poor-quality adhesive is accurate.  As
I stuck the labels to my equipment last Spring, I did notice that the
plastic backing on the tape came off much easier than usual, but went ahead
anyway since I had purchased the tape and wanted to try to use it.

Ron's idea about rubber cement as a way to re-fasten the defective tape is
intriguing, and I may just try that approach on the most troublesome labels.

I'll also try one of the other rolls I still have here to see if I have
better luck.

I also like David's idea of warming the label with your hands before
applying.

Finally, in relation to Jim's suggestion, I have some good-quality laminate
sheets here which hold Braille very well, but was hoping not to have to use
them for small labels like I need, since it would be kind of a pain to cut
the labels to the appropriate size from the original sheets.

In any event, please know that all of your suggestions have been
appreciated, and I'd love to read any others that might be out there.

Obviously, this is not a major problem, but is still somewhat annoying,
nonetheless.

Tom Behler: KB8TYJ