From:
Gary Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Mar 2004 21:45:54 -0500
Daryl:

I looked at both the k2 and ft-817 two years ago.  Settled on the k2.  Keep
in mind that this was long before the krc2 project began.

The ft-817 requires menu access for nearly all its functions.  Also, Yaesu
has been singularly uninterested in making its rigs accessible.

ON the other hand, I used my k2 successfully for over a year before the
krc2.  It provides direct frequency entry, which the yaesu does not.  Also,
Elecraft did provide an interum means of at least parcial access through
the use of its k2 voice program.  This at least spoke most of the controls,
and current frequency.

Finally, as Buddy has stated, we have the promise of access in all future
elecraft rigs direct from Wayne Burdick, one of the companies founders.
The support for our use of their products provided by Elecraft is second to
none, and they continually make improvements to their existing products
available.
I can't say enough good things about this company.  We asked, they
listened, then they delivered.  What more can we want?  They need and
deserve our support.