From:
Gary Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2013 14:56:16 -0500
I'm using a Cushcraft vertical for 2M and 440CM and it's been working great
for several years.  It's been up so long I can't remember the model.
My unscientific opinion is that you stay away from fiberglass antennas.  I
know many people who have been hit by lightning and just about every time
they had a fiberglass vertical antenna stuck up in the air.  I know many of
you and others have them and never been hit but here in south Mississippi it
seems to get the fiberglass ones more times than not.

73, Gary N5GD