From:
Howard Kaufman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2014 01:45:31 -0600
I have a voltage controlled oscillator across the internal amp meter.
There is a 3 position switch, off reference, and on.
The tones match at a reference of 300 Mills.
So I get the dip tuned more accureately than sighted people do now.

Howard:

When you tune up your valiant, how do you get the MA and grid numbers = when
the meter only announces forward/reflected power and SWR and has a =
variable tone mode which increases or decrease in pitch with the =
fluctuating power?=20 Do you know that this transmitter has a max power of a
certain level and = don't go over that with the meter's tone? I don't know
how to test out = the other readings accept get my XYL to read the IC meter
while tuning.=20=

Butch, this is why I'm getting the 102 ready to go back to FLA. There =
maybe something wrong with the bius and the 102 expert can properly =
diagnose and repair this.=20 To follow along a little, google NC4L Mal's
Yaesu FT-102 page and you'll = get the info on blown fuses.=20 Mal calls it
thermal run away and once this begins, the tubes are pretty = much done and
the only way to fix this is to replace the tubes.=20

73: Mike VO1AX=20

-----
No virus found in this message.