From:
Harvey Heagy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 18:52:09 -0500
I think we should have gone into Iraq initially following 911, but I believe
we have done all we can do now and we should get out.  Those people have
been fighting ever since Abraham went to bed with Hagar.  There is nothing
we can do to stop it, and this comes from a conservative Republican.  We did
do some good there, but we have done everything and unless we want another
Vietnam, we need to start pulling out.  I live in New Orleans.  Our own
people are still living in FEMA trailers and the city of New Orleans is far
from recovered.  We have stretched our economy and the military to the
breaking point.  If we don't get a handle on it now, we will have a
depression that will make 1929 look like child's play.  The government can't
continue to live on borrowed money any more than an individual can.  Even
though the democrats haven't mustered up the votes yet, this war is truly
Bush's war, and as a result of his recklessness, we will probably get the
liberal's liberal for a President next time.
Harvey