From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2008 08:29:58 -0400
Hi Bill,

40 and 20 meters seem to be the hot bands now, although there has been a lot
of activity on 10 for the past month or so and I've been on 10 almost every
day.

I think the radio you are thinking of is the FT-450 which you can see at:

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamhf/0450.html

I think someone on this list recently got one.   I know Lloyd got the big
brother, the 950, but pretty sure someone else got the 450.

Looks like the price of $750 with auto tuner, or $650 without tuner is only
good till the end of July when the Yeasu promotion runs out.

Looks like it speaks freq, mode, and s-meter, which is all nice, but I'd be
more concerned about what doesn't speak.    If menus and other settings
don't speak and you can't work through them with  beeps, or clicks, or  some
way of keeping track of where you are, it could be difficult.  I'm not
saying that is the case, just be sure you know what you are getting into.

73, Steve KW3A