From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2010 19:53:50 -0500
Tom,

I remember those speakers. They are wonderful, and are indeed quite
loud.

The easiest thing to do would be to insert some attenuation into the
line between the rig and the speaker.

It sounds like no more than 6 or maybe 8 db would do it.

I'm not sure how much attenuation is in those attenuated patch cords
we used to buy when a portable cassette machine did not contain a line
level input, but try one of those if you can find one.

Radio Shack still sold them 3 or 4 years ago.

Mike Duke, K5XU