From:
Terri Pannett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2009 16:17:35 -0700
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting onto 6 meters.  I have looked at the manuals and
quick guides for the Kenwood TS2000, the Yaesu VX7R, and the Icom ICT90A.  I
have noticed the handhelds aren't very expensive, but they don't talk and
are probably not as user-friendly as the hf/vhf/uhf rig, which is quite
expensive.  The manual for the Yaesu was awful to read, but I have a blind
friend who owns one and actually programmed it without a PC, so I could look
at it.  The Icom's manual was readable in some places and unreadable in
others but the info from the I can work this thing site helped.  I haven't
looked at the manual for the Kenwood, but the quick guide was extremely
helpful.

Questions:

1.  Can you enter pl tones in any of these rigs using the keypad?

2. Will the PC software for any work with Windows XP and WindowEyes?

Thanks for any help youcan give me.

Terri Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.