From:
Butch Bussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:32:41 -0700
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:37:27 -0400
From: Ann K. Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: silent key!!

Hi all,

Dan has told you some, I will tell you more, I hope that others will
add their voices too.  Lisa Carmelle was a ham for much of her life.
She started with a wa2 call, and is now known as nb3r.  She could be
found in many places on the net but is mostly remembered for those
daily chats on 75 meters that attracted listeners from all levels of
hamdom and some of us even posted though we weren't supposed to in the
extra bands.

<smiling>  Yes, truly the key is silent, for Lisa could send at great
speed and could copy at some 80 WPM.

Please, would somebody forward the news to Blind Hams and so on.
Thanks much.

I'll write more when I can.

Ann P.

Hi Folks,

It is with great sorrow I write to tell you Lisa Carmelle passed away at
5:25Pm Eastern today.

I was slated to be at the hospital at 7PM and although I very much wish I
had been with her, I am so thankful she is out of her misery.
They really stepped up her medications in the past two days, and she was
pain free at last. Lisa was non responsive yesterday and today, but I am
sure she was very aware when I visited wither Sunday night.

Please circulate this sad announcement where you see  appropriate.

We will hold a memorial for Lisa in our chat rooms this coming Sunday. I
also intend to create a Memorial page for Lisa on our Cool Links, and
welcome people to send me their words to post there. Lisa was one of the
brightest beacons in the blind community, and I know many of you will join
me in mourning her absence in our lives.

If you are not already a member of For The  People and would like to speak
at Lisa's Memorial on Sunday, September 23, 2007, please sign up and we will
get your membership approved in time so that you may participate in this
tribute event. You will need a microphone and speakers, or headset, to be an
active participant at the memorial. We will record the Memorial service, and
I think it will be a great comfort to her daughter,Sashka.

I have lost a dear friend. The blind community has lost a champion, the
world has lost a compassionate and giving individual.

I am far too sad and too numb to be eloquent just now. I will close by
saying I loved Lisa very much, and will miss her terribly.

With deepest sympathy,

Jennifer Thomas

--
 			Ann K. Parsons