Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2013 16:41:24 -0400
BlankI admire you guys that were involved in whistle-blowing stuff.  I wish
I had
had the guts to do that when I was working for the public utility.

Unfortunately, my perception is as a quasi-governmental entity, I don't
think I'd have had the protections or the legal recourse that I would've
needed.  The head of the utility used his position to commit sexual
harassment on a few of the female employees.  I worked in Human Resources
and was aware of it, but it would have been quite a mess to complain to the
Board of Commissioners; and basically being in management, you're pretty
much an at-will employee.

This occurred twenty years ago, and I still have guilt feelings because a
couple of them resigned due to his conduct.

Steve, K8SP