From:
Pat Byrne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2013 21:45:17 -0500
Jim,
I have had a couple of Yagi antennaes (Mosley) on a couple of towers
at my last couple of homes.  We moved five years ago to this location
and it just seemed economically and lots of other ways to be too
difficult to repeat the tower installation.  Our radio club has aged,
along with me and now it is very difficult to get a bunch of hams out
on a Saturday morning to stick a beam up in the sky for a hamburger
and a beer!  And nowadays the liability potential of someone getting
hyurt on your antenna project suing you is a distinct
possibility.  And most of the professional installers in my area
aren't even interested in ham antannnaes - so it's been wires for me
for the past five years.   And, it isn't the same!!  But I'll bite
the bullet and enjoy my G5RV and Carolina Windem and pretend they are beams!