Date:
Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:23:55 -0500
This has nothing to do with the earnings test.  It has to do with the
provisions of drawing against a parent's benefits as an adult with a
disability that was in effect before age 22.

As far as qualifying for SSDI, you need I think six credits in a three-year
period.  I know the amount that you earn determines your benefit check, but
that is different when you draw on your deceased parent's account.  You are
then drawing on their earnings.

There are already many different rules for blind folks.  You don't have to
go through all the qualification testws that other disabilities do, since
blindness is considered a severe disability.  If you didn't earn enough, you
can draw SSI as well, but you would have to be on the low end of SSDI.