Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2014 10:55:19 -0700
Dave,

   It's tough to recommend this kind of thing as it's one of those items
that are subjective and very different for every user. That said, there
are tons of guys recommending the Yamaha CM-500 headphones. They can be
found for sale all over the net at $60. You can find hundreds of reviews
from everywhere too. You can start by looking at the reviews on eHam.com:
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/7494
   They are over the ear headphones with a boom microphone. They
terminate in dual 3.5mm jacks, a mono for the microphone and a stereo
for the headset.
   I have a pair and I like them though I don't use headphones much so I
can't comment on long term usage and actually use them more for Skype
calls but they do sound good and at only $60, a pretty good value in my
opinion.

Good luck,
Rob