From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2009 14:08:36 -0700
Good questions, Bob.  I actually realized I wasn't afraid of dying but I
didn't want my family to suffer.  My father died when I was 11 years young
and although I lived thereafter a happy childhood, deep down inside I still
felt the sorrow.  I also didn't get to tell my father goodbye so before
surgery, although I didn't say goodbye to my children and grandchildren, I
spoke to each of them.  It was probably the most difficult thing I ever did
in my life, too.  When awaking in the recovery room, my first question to
the nurse assigned to me in the ICU was, "Is my family ok?"  I know this has
nothing to do about ham radio but since I posted where I was the last month
on here, I thought others might like to read my reply.  Yes, while in the
hospital, I thought and prayed for all those I know who have no family and
therefore would have to go through what I was facing alone.

Phil.
K0NX