From:
Lou Kolb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 12:08:59 -0400
I certainly won't dispute anything "Ole Buck" or anyone else may say
concerning the efficasy of the G5RV dipole. I use one here because, 1: it
fits in to my available space. and 2: because it works on the bands I need
it to, that is, 80, 60, 40 and 20 meters. and, as a bonus, it seems to work
remarkably well on 12 meters too. I don't claim that it is the best of all
possible antennas. However, having been lectured over the years by hams who
are trying to set me straight, I refer back to my reasons for using it (see
above). Nothing personal, Ron. I completely understand why you posted these
findings. But my bottom line is that I'm on the air, every day, having fun
in this great hobby. If not for the G5rv, its flaws not withstanding, I
probably would not be. Lou WA3MIX
Lou Kolb
Voice-over Artist:
Radio/TV Ads, Video narrations