From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2009 23:19:32 -0700
Terri, I guess you are right about that.  Since I work at home and have two
different dual banders, I'm almost always close, or at least with in
earshot, of a radio so I haven't had to use my HT for a long time.  Plus,
nearly all of the Denver VHF and UHF repeaters have subtones and the old
2ATs don't have the capability of programming a PL into them.  I know how to
turn the PL off on our club repeater though, come to think of it, so I
should fire up the HT one of these days.  Another difference is my Kenwood
V7A is programmable to work remotely so I often turn it on, set the remote
frequencies up, and go out on my deck with a little 100 MW UHF handie talkie
I bought years ago, it takes three double A batteries, and work remotely
into the repeater so in a manner of speaking, I guess I do still use a
handie talkie.  I forgot about that.

Phil.