From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Mar 2009 23:57:47 -0400
Hi Lou,
I have the same radio and have not had that problem.  To the best of my
knowledge, the entire top of the radio and all of the buttons and switches
are plastic, so I'm not sure how 120 volts could have gotten through the
plastic coverings..I'm wondering if she might have had a build up of static
electricity, I've experienced some really big sparks just walking across the
floor, and those static discharges can give you one hell of a shock.

Bob Tinney, K8LR, [log in to unmask]
Skype, bobtinn
Life is full of challenges, that's what makes it interesting!