From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:50:24 -0400
Hi.

I wouldn't expect it to play as well, since it isn't resonant there, but it
probably plays as well as a G5RV does, and I've had reasonable success on
17 meters with my G5RV.  I've been going to pull my G5RV down and redesign
it as a W5GFI Mystery Antenna, but haven't gotten around to it.  Mostly, it
is just a matter of having other things on my mind and spending a lot of
time going out, etc.

But, I'm still interested in trying out the antenna.  It doesn't look like
there should be a down side from a performance standpoint to redesigning
the antenna--my only misgiving is that it might not be as rugged against
rough weather, and already my G5RV has survived one 75 mile per hour
windstorm that took trees down in my back yard but the antennas
survived.  A good testament to how well they were installed, I'd say.

73, de Lou K2LKK