From:
Richard WEbb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:41:23 -0500
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 15:42:39 -0500

kEvin wrote,
   >I totally agree with your comments on 40.  Until we can get the
   >broadcasters to clear out, remember to listen on the lower segment
   >for dx stations calling cq and listening on our segment.  I forget
   >to do this a lot but got reminded of it this weekend when playing
   >in the CQWW SSB contest.  I do not have a super station on 40 at

I remember to do this quite a bit actually.  I leave the vfo B already
set somewher around 7200 khz so I can switch to it and tune to the
area where the dx might be calling.  tHen another press of a button
allows me to transmit on vfo B while listening on a.

Rig here for hf is an old Icom 740 but it works quite well.
73 de nf5b

Richard Webb

Electric Spider Productions

--- Benjamin Franklin November 1755