From:
Jim Gammon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jul 2012 14:57:44 -0700
Regarding the TS-480, it's possible to put the voice guide chip
in yourself as a blind person, but it does take some nerve
because there are a lot of small wires between the small inner
cover and the back side of the front pannel of the TS-480.  I put
one in but don't know if I'd do it again.  I had to take off the
top plate of the body of the rig, then the second small cover
which was also hard to get back on because of a very small screw
that had to be put back in that was between the small cover and
the front pannel right where those pesky little wires are.
Anyway, it's doable, but only if you feel daring.  Jim WA6EKS