From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jul 2009 09:05:33 -0600
if it is anything similar to what the old yaesu's have, such as the 101
series, they are for speaker output, and phone patch functions.
There is probably a recorder line out as well and perhaps jacks for external
meters and possibly a short wave receiving antenna.
the manual would make all clear i'm sure.
bear in mind that the lower bands wil have a higher noise level then higher
bands, especially if you are using a vertical antenna.
an s9 noise level is not uncommon on 75 and 80M with a vertical...and s 3 to
s6 on 40 with a vertical.  the noise level will be higher during the day
time hours due to atmospheric noise.
I still suspect you are getting noise off the power lines in your area
unless they are underground.

73
Colin, V A6BKX