From:
Louis Kim Kline <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2002 23:04:28 -0400
Hi fellow listers.

The comment about leaving the connector cover off (my favorite trick)
reminded me of another pretty good goof up.

We had had a May snowstorm a number of years ago that brought my long wire
antenna down.  It came apart at a joint where two sections of wire had been
joined together.  I went out in the nearly 14 inches of wet snow, found all
of the pieces and proceeded to put it back together, and haul it up into
the pine tree that was the end support.  I climbed about 30 feet up into
the tree and pulled the wire up until it was taut, but when I went back
down the tree, the wire was about chin level when I got out into the
yard.  So back up the tree I went, untying the end support, and then
pulling and pulling like crazy until the wire was taut, then I tied the end
off, and went back down the tree.

But the wire was no higher than before.  Back up the tree I went.

I repeated this cycle of events four more times before I noticed that I had
been trying to pull the long wire up UNEDER the clothes line!

73, de Lou K2LKK

Louis (Kim) Kline, A.R.S.  K2LKK
e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
Work e-mail:  [log in to unmask]