From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2014 23:50:34 -0700
I subscribe to a number of reflectors, and to the best of my knowledge,
there is a message length limit on each and everyone of them.  Setting a
maximum line count on postings is necessary to keep threads from growing and
growing, wasting storage and bandwidth at each step in the chain.
Maintaining a forum without a maximum line count, or limiting the size of
postings one way or another, is silly.  Most posters to forums don't take
the time to cut messages down to size when replying, and before long, the
resulting length of each post would choke the resources available to store
and distribute each one.

Alan/KD7GC

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ