From:
Ron Canazzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 2013 05:17:36 -0400
Hello:

A few points here:

1.  As far as the politics, this is nothing new.  Since at least back in
the 1970's, I have heard such stuff on the HF bands: 3853, 3898, 3950
kHz on 75 meters; 14.313, 14.325, 20 Meters as a few examples.
2.  We get some similar stuff here in the western New York area on 2
meters--not quite as bad all the time, but bad enough.
3.  As someone who used to run a rational discussion group on 2 meters
late, late at night on simplex--out of the way on obscure frequencies,
eventually, we were discovered and are now harassed a lot--such that the
original intent to discuss all sorts of topics, calmly, and in a proper
manners has now deteriorated into a slop pot of nonsense most of the time.

As concerns the actual statements about other hams and in particular,
the blind ham, I've heard that a lot in my local area as well and have
been victimized myself accordingly.  One group had consistently turned
off repeaters when they heard a few blind hams including me--talking
properly, identifying properly and in a non controversial manner.  When
confronted, they denied any wrong doing on their part and continued the
behavior--such that I and these other blind hams have to stay off their
systems--which involve about half the systems in western New York.

I found two things out in both these cases.  Ignoring this behavior and
reporting it to authorities: FCC, observers, and so on, does absolutely
no good.  I took literally a 2 year absence from radio and when I came
back on found things worse than ever.  (one particular individual is
president of a local ham club and is thus a 'respected member' of the
ham community.)

Sometimes I actually engage these idiots with a taste of their own
medicine--which unfortunately is about the only way I can get them to
leave the frequency and go somewhere else.

so there you have it!