From:
"Mike Duke, K5XU" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Duke, K5XU
Date:
Sat, 21 Feb 2009 21:10:08 -0600
  Here are some old notes about the button layout.  I really don't
remember the meaning of some of these abbreviations but this list is what
was printed on the buttons.

I'll fire it up and ask my wife to take a look at the manual in the next day
or two and try to clarify the labels.

** Kenwood 2530a controls
Keys in the top row on upper left:
al
prio (priority channel)
Second row:
lamp
rev (reverse)
Third row:
scan
low

Keys on lower left next to the microphone connector:
arrow cs
c.sq
reset
= chl
square dcl

Keys on the touch tone pad:
*=memory
0=memory to vfo
#=clear
a=bracket s
b=ps
c=l bracket
d=sc

Keys on the upper right to the right of touch tone 'a':
f lock (frequency lock)
m.ch (memory channel)

Keys on the bottom row on the far right from left to right:
phone
tone
voice

Mike Duke, K5XU