From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:59:43 -0700
Using just my trusty old G5RV up 35 feet in the center, I tuned 160 Friday night about 10 PM mountain time and heard as much activity as I have heard in years.  It was wall to wall stations until 1850 KHz and then they spread out up to 1875 KHz.  I have worked the CW 160m contest before using a shunt fed 55 foot tower and made a couple of hundred contacts with 100W just playing around.  In fact, one of the first stations I heard Friday night was W1WKM I think his call was in Maine.  That's the only state I need on 160M at 100 watts output for WAS.  It sure was fun listening to all that CW activity.  Maybe it is time again to post my Short Vertical for the Top Band article.  That little 32 foot 160m vertical sure worked well.

Phil.
K0NX