Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2013 15:23:02 -0500
Pat,

I think I had to go into device manager when that happened to me several
years ago.  I think I highlighted possibly usb mass storage.  Before doing
that, you could try running system restore if rebooting didn't help.

Otherwise, pick yourself up a usb multi-card reader for less than $20 bucks.
Those work quite well.