From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 2013 08:07:46 -0700
The SteppIr 80 meter rotating dipole kit requires a 50 ohm to 12.5 ohm
balun.  I elected not to use the factory supplied unit, but instead, had Jay
Terleski build one for me that can handle 5KW, and it has a 7/16 DIN
connector on it to match the coax connectors that I use here.  I also had
Jay build a 10KW balun with the 7/16 DIN connector on it for 40 thru 6
meters..  The factory also includes a two position coaxial switch to that
you can switch between 80 meters, and the rest of the  bands.  I also had
Jay build me a two position coaxial switch capable of handling 10KW DC to
substitute for  the factory unit.   I know that this is a bit confusing, but
the SteppIr supplied coax switch and baluns are not heavyduty enough for my
liking, so I always turn to Jay and his Array Solutions to design and build
components for me.  He does a great job.

Best 73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ