From:
Matthew Chao <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2014 11:33:07 -0500
Hi, Colin.  Yes, all true, but couldn't find the KPG22U USB cable
very easily.  Finally did, but by then, had bought the software and
cable.  Oh, by the way, the RT cable won't work with the Kenwood
software.  Problem was that most of my computers now come with only
USB, no serial ports, hence, this complicated workaround.--Matt, N1IBB.

P.S.  By the way, for others who responded to my questions, all
works, and reprogrammed the rig.