From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2013 10:47:41 -0700
We are fortunate on the amp side at least.  There are more and more
auto-tuned amps coming on the market.  One thing about the old Henry 8K
Ultra was that it had pre-sets that can be set on any band, and you just
select which one you want, and the amp is all set to go.  That is one of the
reasons that I am giving serious consideration to buying one.  Old
technology, yes, but it works.  My Henry 5K Classic does not have presets,
but the tuning is so reliable, mostly due to the fact that my SteppIr is so
flat on any frequency from 7 MHz to 30 MHz, that the knobs can be set at the
numbers, and it will be damn near dead nuts on.  I probably wouldn't need to
touch up the tuning once I have gotten it close, but I do because I have the
means to do it, and who wants to risk a pair of tubes that go for $1549
each?

73

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ