From:
Steve Forst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Oct 2013 22:04:41 -0400
Tom,

Sounds like you had fun.  Svalbard is  between the Top of Norway and the
North Pole.   It belongs to Norway, but is far enough away so it counts
as a separate DXCC country.   I don't see them very often, but did work
them  a few weeks ago in the WAE SSB contest.

I did a little bit of S and P this weekend, mostly on Saturday.   A
number of JA's on 10 and 15, Guam and Ascension island on 15, and  2
from Kazakhstan and also the persian Gulf  on 10 meters in the morning.
   Didn't hear anything on 160, but the higher bands were so good, it
didn't matter.

As for your antenna on 15 meters:  If I'm not mistaken, it's full size
on 40, loaded for 75/80, and has 2 parallel dipoles for 10 and 20
meters.   I think the idea is that since 40 and 15 meter bands are
harmonically related,  there is no "real" 15 meter section, and so you
tune   the 40 meter part on 15.

If the performance is that poor, maybe you can rig up a  single band 15
meter dipole somewhere.

73, Steve  KW3A