From:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Nathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2001 06:18:14 -0700
Hi Butch,

I'm glad we could help Libbie and I hope she has lots of fun with Tetris.
My wife's a pretty sharp lady.

On the antenna, no it is not a trapped antenna.  It uses a tuning network
off of the feed point and then is a folded dipole on each leg.  It will tune
on 160 just fine with the autotuner in your radio.  The big problem is that
it's just not that great a radiator on that band but it does get out.  You
shouldn't need a tower either.  I just have one of those Radio shack 36 foot
telescoping masts on top of my house with a cross arm off of it.

If I can answer anything else just let me know but good luck with the move
and all.  Kathy, myself and the kids might be moving to Seattle if my job
interview in a couple of weeks pans out so I can kind of identify with you.
<GRIN>  73
Kevin, K7RX