From:
"Alan R. Downing" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Aug 2013 02:21:44 -0700
I had a TS-2000 for about 6 months, but I don't remember if it had 100 watts
out on 2 meters.  I am pretty certain that it did not on 70 CM though.
Personally, I didn't care much for the rig.  To me, it was like a Swiss army
knife, but not much good at any one thing.  Here in Phoenix, it had lots of
intermod on 2 meters and 70 CM.  If you want  more than 100W on 2 meters, it
is easy enough to get an amp.  I have an amp for six which puts out 1500W,
and I also had one on 2 meters that put out 1500W, but I sold that one as I
gave up on 2 SSB.  I am going to pick up a 590 though, strictly   for six
meters.  Last year I put up the 9 element M Square yagi, and with the 1500W
amp, it kicked butt!  Never too much horsepower

Best 73
Alan

Alan R. Downing
Phoenix, AZ